Nate is a recovering class clown, but relapses daily. He sees yoga as a playground for communal healing and challenging growth. When he’s not teaching yoga, Nate helps fathers reconnect with their families with a local nonprofit. He can also occasionally be spotted Heely-ing through the streets of Cleveland.
- My teaching style is: down-to-earth, physically innovative (integrated strength and mobility work), and individualized.
- My favorite yoga pose is: locust so I can pretend to be a jet (and maybe challenge some ujjayi breathing).
- Yoga has helped me overcome: neck pain and body shame.
- I love my second toe on my right foot (‘the toe”)… come check it out and witness its glory.
- My favorite deity is: brahman or “ultimate reality” because it pacifies my heart to remember that what is true is true whatever my feelings or perceptions dictate.
- You must try this healthy snack: Krave Jerky: healthy and unconventional flavors of various dehydrated meats.
- My favorite Sanskrit word or phrase is Namaste because: Namaste because I’m basic AF, but seriously because it truly is a lifestyle of appreciating the imago dei (image of God) in everyone.
- My advice for beginning yogis is: start with your breath. Master your ujjayi (ocean breath)… google it, study it, practice it at least 5 minutes every day for your first month. It affects everything.
- I’m most grateful for: 8 awesome niblings (nephews and nieces).
- The most exotic place I’ve practiced yoga is: in my mind… it gets crazy up there.
- If I could practice yoga with anyone it would be (blank) because: my beautiful sister, Tricia, because she introduced me to both yoga and a deep well of grace and compassion.
- My heroes are: Aladdin and Abu.
- My one wish for the world is: for compassion to become more contagious and invade areas of personal and systemic suffering.
Nate Jackson instructs the following: