Elyse is a a recent RYT 200 graduate from Release Yoga, and is a certified Buti Yoga instructor. She also teaches dance at Dianna Durkin Dance Studio. Elyse took her first yoga class in high school, but didn't find a deeper connection to the practice till later on. For Elyse yoga is a moving meditation that keeps her mind and body refreshed. She hopes to encourage students to never stop learning and exploring all that their bodies can inform them about each time they step onto their mat.
- My teaching style is: Always changing! I am always open to learn more from others and share that knowledge with students. I approach teaching with a light hearted attitude, as we are all learning and growing together.
- My favorite yoga pose is: Currently, it's a tie between Triangle and Warrior III. I love the strong sense of grounding and alignment I experience in Triangle, and it also a a great time to check back in with your breath. Many people build mental blocks around Warrior III, but it allows you to break those fears down, you confront your fear/self doubt and take flight with strength and confidence!
- Yoga has helped me overcome: Different insecurities and feelings of self doubt that I have carried for many years about myself. When I come to my mat I am reminded that I am capable of so much more than I realize!
For along time I had insecurities with my body, but now I am finally embracing it because it's here to stay!
- My favorite deity or god/goddess is Jesus because:
He lived his life in the service of others, always thinking of them before himself. He sought to help people not judge them for their problems, something more people should focus on.
- You must try this healthy snack: toss popcorn with salt & pepper, lime juice and a bit of Sriracha for some heat! Or keep it simple with an apple and your choice of nut butter!
- My favorite Sanskrit word or phrase is... because: Om Namah Shivaya - which translates to “I bow to the inner Self”. Answers and knowledge can come from within you if you look close enough.
- My advice for beginning yogis is: Don't let yourself get caught up thinking the challenging/advanced poses are everything. Asanas are just a small part of what it means to be a yogi! Always remember your yoga journey is uniquely yours!
- I’m most grateful for: The support of my family. They have been a lifelong source of encouragement and unconditional love, and I would not be here without them.
- The most exotic place I’ve practiced yoga is: THE BEACH!
- I’m ready to take my yoga to the next level because: I want to continue to open myself up to all potential happiness and joy that yoga holds for me and for those around me.
- My heroes are: Teachers (not just from my yoga experience) who gave me the courage to believe I was more than I perceived.
- My one wish for the world is: More love and understanding, less hate and aggression.
Elyse Morckel instructs the following:
Interested in trying yoga or taking it slow as you build up your asana practice?
Our gentle Beginner's Basics class will help you gain a fundamental awareness of your breath, body alignment and provide a slow-paced introduction to yoga poses. This class is suitable for all ages, fitness levels and body types. No experience is necessary!
Kids Yoga @ The Akron Children's Museum - $10 PAID AT THE MUSEUM
Come join us at the Akron Children's Museum for Kids Yoga every 4th Saturday of the month. $10/child for ages 5-9. Classes are led by RYT 200 and Certified Children's Yoga Elyse Morckel.
Preregister online VIA THE MUSEUM or call them at 330.396.6103. Limited spots available!
Emphasis on Pranayama, Intention-setting, oms and extended savasana
Our Warm Beginner's class offers all the same benefits of our "Beginner's Basics" with some sweet gentle heat to help you ease into your postures.
Seeking to enhance your life with a therapeutic yoga release? Our Restorative class with the added beauty of candlelight and just a touch of heat! Treat yourself to an all-level, gently warmed yoga class that allows you to explore a variety of yoga postures while incorporating the healing benefits of breath, restorative postures, meditation mixed with some gentle flow sequences. Our experienced instructors assess the needs of the class and adjust as needed.
MOMaste Relaxation Tune Up - $19 (Choose Location)
The perfect gift for mom!
Restorative yoga is a wonderful experience that uplifts the spirit and soothes the mind. Feel pampered as you lay down on bolsters, blankets with hands on attention and essential oils to release deeply held tension. Be prepared to feel as if you’ve taken a mini vacation!
No prior yoga experience is necessary.