Sophie started practicing yoga in October of 2015. She fell in love at her first class at Release Yoga, and has been doing it non-stop ever since. She has been working at Release Yoga since March 2016, as a Lovely Desk Yogi. She recently graduated teacher training from Release Yoga in August of 2017. She also recently graduated high school from Green High School. She is currently attending Kent State University, where she is majoring in Marketing with a minor in entrepreneurship .
- My favorite yoga pose is: child's pose, because you are it's so comfortable, and you are shut off from other distractions.
- Yoga has helped me overcome: My weight struggle. When I first started yoga, I only tried it for the workout aspect, but I soon realized that it was only the beginning of what yoga was doing for me.
- I love my hair because: it is long, and natural, also I can do just about anything with it.
- My favorite god/goddess is Jesus because: my faith in Jesus is one of the things that keeps me grounded.
- You must try this healthy snack: Apples and almond butter, or anything with almond butter really.
- My favorite Sanskrit word or phrase is namaste because: it appreciates the love and life in everyone.
- My advice for beginning yogis is: to try it! You never know whether you will like it or not. Also don’t give up after your first time, it takes work and dedication.
- I’m most grateful for my musical talent, it is an outlet for me, similar to yoga.
- If I could practice yoga with anyone it would be: Adele, because I am obsessed with their music, and she's a freaking QUEEN.
- I’m eager to take my yoga to the next level because: yoga has had such a huge impact on my life already, and I cannot wait to see what else it’s gonna do for me.
- My heroes are: Anyone who has served in the military, pushed for social change, and my Mom and Dad.
- My one wish for the world is: For everyone to stop caring what others think, and for everyone to stop judging others. That everyone is happy.
Sophia Stevenson instructs the following:
Bring on the heat! Aimed at testing the strength and endurance of both mind and body, our Hot Power yoga classes contain powerful sequencing, more advanced poses (modifications offered), and always the invitation to come find your edge. You will leave this class empowered and alive (and not to mention, a little sweaty)!
Warm Beginners -FREE for Breast Cancer Awareness
Similar to our Cool Beginners class, this class is designed for new yogis. Our Warm Beginners class offers all the same benefits of our Cool class with the addition of some sweet gentle heat to help you ease into your postures.