Christa began her practice with an open mind, dedicating 30 days to try this “hippie yoga thing.” After her first class, she was hooked. At first, the physical challenge was what kept her coming back, but slowly she began to fall in love with all aspects and discover parts of herself she never saw before. Her passion led her to enroll in teacher training, and she hopes to guide others in their journey on and off their mats.
- My teaching style is: Evolving. As I learn and grow, the way I teach begins to reflect my own practice. The one thing that won’t change is how I want my students to feel in my class. I want my class to feel like home, regardless of if it is day 1 or day 100, knowing they’re completely accepted for who they are and where they’re at.
- My favorite yoga pose is: Headstand because it was quite the journey to finally get into the pose and every time I enter the pose I feel incredibly grateful.
- Yoga has helped me overcome: An unhealthy view of my body. I used to search for what could help me achieve the ‘perfect’ body and began yoga for the workout aspect. And in that process, yoga slowly began to transform the way I interact with my body and mind. And now I’m proud to accept my body where it’s at now. I love my: collarbones, because they are an expression of my femininity and a reminder to keep an open heart.
- My favorite deity is: Jesus, because He calls us to love in such a powerful way.
- You must try this healthy snack: Almond butter. On a banana, in a pita, add it to a smoothie, straight out of the jar… no shame.
- My favorite Sanskrit word or phrase is: Ahimsa (nonviolence) because I aspire to have my life molded by that ethical principle.
- My advice for beginning yogis is: “Practice and all is coming” meaning keep showing up to your mat, even if you’re sore/frustrated/tired because you’ll see growth in so many aspects of your life. Don’t rush the process.
- I’m most grateful for: My incredibly supportive family and friends.
- The most exotic place I’ve practiced yoga is: San Francisco (my favorite city!)
- If I could practice yoga with anyone it would be: Adam Levine. Let’s be honest…
- I’m encouraged to take my yoga to the next level because: There is always something to learn, ways to grow, and goals to reach. Yoga is a never ending journey, which is what makes it so beautiful.
- My heroes are: The people all over the world that are igniting change and social progress.
- My one wish for the world is: For curiosity to replace fear. We are all so fearful of things we do not know, and fear is crippling, violent, and all-consuming. If we are curious instead, we have an open mind and heart – with that, anything is possible.
Christa Dillon instructs the following:
Power students flow through an athletic set of asanas to generate heat while exploring their personal edge. Experienced yogis build their strength, focus on healthy alignment, inner awareness and growth. Get ready to sweat out those toxins and stressors as you explore inversions and arm balances in your practice … you will leave this class empowered and alive! Class length is 1 hour and 15 minutes.