Tonya Harriman-Fowler has been a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) and a esthetician for the past 16 years. She feels that taking care of the body as a whole is the best approach. Yoga feeds her body and mind and she opes to make it a bigger part of her life.
- I Got Into Massage Because: I enjoyed receiving massages myself and was very aware of the therapeutic benefits. Massage is a great stress reducer as well as an all over better health influence. I wanted to share this experience with others while educating clients as to the benefits of massage. Touch is key. Every person should incorporate massage into their lives. It is a necessity, not a luxury.
- Yoga and Massage Has: Helped me live in the now, reduce stress and discomfort, increase flexibility and be more aware how important my health is.
- My Favorite Music is: THE 80’S!!!
- I Love My: Hands because of the relief, pleasure, and comfort they can provide to others. I also love my 3 4-legged children; Boozoo, Bear, and Binky.
- My Advice for a Beginning Yogi or Massage Client is:Just do it! Quit talking about trying it and just walk in or call to schedule. I drove past the Release studio for almost a year telling myself I would stop in one of these days…so glad I did! Wished I hadn’t waited so long. Release is a great place to be a part of and great people work here!
- I Am Most Grateful For: My SUPER supportive husband David.
- My Healthy Snack: KIND bars for something sweet. I have one in my purse and tote bag at all times.
- My Heros Are: My clients!
- My Wish For the World: More respect and education for animal advocacy.
Tonya Harriman-Fowler instructs the following:
Our Warm Beginner's class offers all the same benefits of our "Beginner's Basics" with some sweet gentle heat to help you ease into your postures.
Seeking to enhance your life with a therapeutic yoga release? Our Restorative class with the added beauty of candlelight and just a touch of heat! Treat yourself to an all-level, gently warmed yoga class that allows you to explore a variety of yoga postures while incorporating the healing benefits of breath, restorative postures, meditation mixed with some gentle flow sequences. Our experienced instructors assess the needs of the class and adjust as needed.
Interested in trying yoga or taking it slow as you build up your asana practice?
Our gentle Beginner's Basics class will help you gain a fundamental awareness of your breath, body alignment and provide a slow-paced introduction to yoga poses. This class is suitable for all ages, fitness levels and body types. No experience is necessary!