Deborah Saley is a RYT 200 yoga instructor and Level 1 Reiki practitioner, the training for which she completed at Release Yoga. As a licensed professional counselor who specializes in trauma treatment, addition recovery and self-actualization, she believes yoga practice, both meditative and physical, is the most beneficial and responsible way for one to care for their mind, body and soul. Deb’s teaching style is both challenging and loving, and she hopes her students will leave class feeling stronger and more joyful about life.
- My teaching style is: Challenging, but loving and fun and informative with a focus on form and energy.
- My favorite yoga pose is: Anything that brings me to my edge. It was Utkatasana (Chair Pose) but lately it has been Running Man!
- My favorite music to practice to is: Whatever fits my mood for the day. It could be the Black Keys, Florence and the Machine or Krishna Das.
- I love my: Hands! They are warm with power and energy.
- You must try this healthy snack: Diced avocado sprinkled with cayenne and lime juice.
- My favorite sanskrit word is: Mandala. Simply translated it means “circle” but the deeper meaning is universal connectivity of all parts into a greater whole.
- My advice for beginning yogis is: Close your eyes, breathe and connect with the sensations in your body…that’s yoga.
- I’m most grateful for: Being born as a tiny, gooey, little human!
- The most exotic place that I’ve practiced yoga is: Destin, Florida.
- If I could practice yoga with anyone it would be: Inmates, the homeless, and other under privileged individuals that deserve to share in the benefits of yoga.
- I'm inspired to take my yoga to the level: By sharing it with others that they can set themselves free and find bliss.
- My one wish for the world is: Quiet stillness.
Deborah Saley instructs the following:
Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga - $36
Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga will add a bit more challenge and adventure to your yoga practice ... photo ops, laughter and splashes included!
Class kicks off with board safety, followed by a 60 minute yoga class ... ever taken savasana on the lake gazing at the clouds? Join us at the Turkeyfoot Lake Beach (5031 Manchester Road, Akron, OH 44319) in the Portage Lakes State Park.
Enter the park and drive all the way to the back (towards the beach). Park and head down the hill to the right ... you will see your board waiting for you. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before class.
Prior yoga experience is encouraged for all SUP classes.
Other Important Details:
• Classes are limited and will sell out.
• Students must register & pay at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee your spot.
• Dress in yoga clothing or a bathing suit.
• Bring a towel with you in case you fall in!
Portage Lakes State Park is located at:
5031 Manchester Road
Akron, OH 44319
Please note: A minimum of 4 participants is required to hold this class. If the 4 person minimum has not been met 24 hours in advance, the class will be cancelled. Please help us honor this policy by signing up at least 48 hours in advance.
First Fridays - Free Yoga for Addiction Recovery
Emphasis on Pranayama, Intention-setting, oms and extended savasana
Seeking to enhance your life with a therapeutic yoga release? Our Restorative class with the added beauty of candlelight and just a touch of heat! Treat yourself to an all-level, gently warmed yoga class that allows you to explore a variety of yoga postures while incorporating the healing benefits of breath, restorative postures, meditation mixed with some gentle flow sequences. Our experienced instructors assess the needs of the class and adjust as needed.
All-levels Yoga at the Twisted Olive
Yoga with a beautiful view at one of Green's most fantastic restaurants? Yes, please! Join Release teachers at the Twisted Olive this summer to enjoy the fresh air and a little vitamin D while you practice.
These classes are appropriate for all experience levels of yogis, so bring a friend and stay afterwards to enjoy lunch or a glass of wine. The Twisted Olive warmly welcomes yoga attire (and a bit of sweat!) in their pub after class.
Yoga is under on the covered Pub Patio ... covered spots are first come first served (overflow will enjoy the grassy area). Event occurs rain or shine so please dress accordingly. Memberships and class passes apply (i.e. regular class rates and packages).
Have a sweet, sweaty, soulful summer!