Deborah Saley is a RYT 200 yoga instructor and Level 1 Reiki practitioner, the training for which she completed at Release Yoga. As a licensed professional counselor who specializes in trauma treatment, addition recovery and self-actualization, she believes yoga practice, both meditative and physical, is the most beneficial and responsible way for one to care for their mind, body and soul. Deb’s teaching style is both challenging and loving, and she hopes her students will leave class feeling stronger and more joyful about life.
- My teaching style is: Challenging, but loving and fun and informative with a focus on form and energy.
- My favorite yoga pose is: Anything that brings me to my edge. It was Utkatasana (Chair Pose) but lately it has been Running Man!
- My favorite music to practice to is: Whatever fits my mood for the day. It could be the Black Keys, Florence and the Machine or Krishna Das.
- I love my: Hands! They are warm with power and energy.
- You must try this healthy snack: Diced avocado sprinkled with cayenne and lime juice.
- My favorite sanskrit word is: Mandala. Simply translated it means “circle” but the deeper meaning is universal connectivity of all parts into a greater whole.
- My advice for beginning yogis is: Close your eyes, breathe and connect with the sensations in your body…that’s yoga.
- I’m most grateful for: Being born as a tiny, gooey, little human!
- The most exotic place that I’ve practiced yoga is: Destin, Florida.
- If I could practice yoga with anyone it would be: Inmates, the homeless, and other under privileged individuals that deserve to share in the benefits of yoga.
- I'm inspired to take my yoga to the level: By sharing it with others that they can set themselves free and find bliss.
- My one wish for the world is: Quiet stillness.
Deborah Saley instructs the following:
Vinyasa, commonly referred to as a "flow" style, is a flowing, dynamic yoga practice that connects movement with breath. This moderately paced practice seamlessly blends one pose into another to create heat in the body, build strength, improve balance, and increase flexibility. While these classes are appropriate for all levels of practitioners, some experience is suggested.
Temperature: Warm Flow: 82°-86°