Yoga Dave Ajamie
Dave Ajamie attended his first yoga class at IBH (where he currently works) in 2013. It was a perfect fit for him! He loves helping people on and off their mat, so much so, that he's affectionately been nicknamed "Yoga Dave."
- My teaching style is: Peaceful and powerful. I love the inner peace and outer strength that your mat can bring you!
- My favorite yoga pose is: Vrkasana (tree pose). With all its variations, it’s a perfect combination of peace and strength.
- Yoga has helped me overcome: The chaos of life. Coming to my mat always brings me back in harmony with what is good in life.
- My favorite music to practice to is: Traditional yoga music. Artists such as Krishna Das.
- I love my head: Because it’s bald and shiny!
- My favorite sanskrit word is: Namaste, because it acknowledges the beauty in all of us.
- You must try this healthy snack: Kind bars, varieties of all kinds. They’re good for you, but more importantly, they’re delicious.
- My advice for beginning yogis is: KNOW that every moment you are trying to get better, YOU are already getting better in anything you do!
- I’m most grateful for: Love of all forms. Connecting with other people and sharing love is life’s purpose.
- The most exotic place that I’ve practiced yoga is: On a standup paddleboard, it’s a great experience!
- If I could practice yoga with anyone, it would be: Baron Baptiste. His books and practice are inspiring!
- I’m inspired to take my yoga to the next level: Every time I get on my mat. There’s always something that inspires me from my mat.
- My heroes are: Anyone who takes time and help people before anything else they had to do.
- My one wish for the world is: That we would all just love one another and treat each other accordingly.
Yoga Dave Ajamie instructs the following: