Sarah Maloney has been practicing yoga for 13 years and teaching for four years. She began teaching yoga at her CrossFit gym, while earning her RYT 200 certification at The Yoga Place. Sarah enjoys teaching all levels of yoga, but is drawn to leading those just entering their yoga journey, through beginner's classes.
- My teaching style is: Traditional, relaxed, encouraging and therapeutic. I want my students to really experience and feel the poses to better understand their own bodies. I love when my students find relief through their practice and leave my class feeling rejuvenated, with a calmer state of mind.
- My favorite yoga pose is: Crow because it is fun, challenging and beautiful all at the same time.
- Yoga has helped me overcome: My need to always be in control. I am more able to let go and see the fun in life!
- My favorite music to practice to is: It really all depends on my mood, and the type of practice. I love practicing to indie, rock, some oldies, classical, and traditional chant/meditative sounds.
- I love my: Butt! Yes, I said it, my big bubble butt. I used to be embarrassed and ashamed of it, but have learned to love my curves!
- My favorite Deity or Goddess is: Hanuman because he is the provider of hope and courage, as well as a symbol of physical strength and perseverance to leap past your obstacles and achieve outstanding success.
- You must try this healthy snack: There are too many to name! I love baking! I have a killer recipe for paleo sweet potato brownies, vegan gluten free brownies, and chickpea blondies. Healthy alternatives are a must for someone with a sweet tooth like me.
- My favorite sanskirt word is: Ananda which means "bliss."
- My advice for beginning yogis is: Don't give up! Yoga isn't about how physically flexible you are! It's about learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. The possibilities for your practice to grow and evolve are endless.
- I'm most grateful for: So many things, but most importantly, my family. I've been so blessed to grow up in such a loving home with support from both my immediate and extended family.
- The most exotic place that I've practiced yoga is: On top of a 14,000 foot mountain after hiking for hours to reach the top.
- If I could practice yoga with anyone, it would be: Adam Levine! He's my ultimate celebrity/yogi crush!
- My heroes are: My parents. They have shown me it's possible to work through any of life's difficulties, and come out stronger than you were before.
- My one wish for the world is: Positivity! If we could all just focus on the things we do have, instead of what we are lacking, we could be just a little bit happier.
Sarah Maloney instructs the following:
Our Cool Beginners class is the perfect way to start your yoga journey and to build up your asana practice! This gentle introductory yoga class will help you gain a fundamental awareness of your breath and body alignment while moving a slower speed. This class is suitable for all ages, fitness levels and body types. No experience is necessary!
Aerial All Levels
We've adapted our vinyasa flow class and taken it to the sky! This flowing, dynamic yoga practice connects movement with breath while offering the unique experience of a yoga hammock. Our fully aerial yoga certified teachers seamlessly blend one pose into another to create heat in the body, build strength, improve balance, and increase flexibility. Prior yoga and/or aerial yoga is highly encouraged. Expect to leave invigorated and revitalized! All health and age guidelines mentioned in our Aerial Beginner's class apply.
Beginner's Yoga Workshop - $30
Always wanted to try yoga? Let go of your fears and join us for a beginners immersion with Sarah M.
We will focus on:
- Developing your yogic breath through Pranayama (breath work)
- Building your asanas (poses) and proper alignment
- Modifications and challenges for every fitness level and body type
Don't worry, we will take it slow and build together! Bring your questions, sense of humor and open mind... leave your reservations at the door!
Please note: Workshops require a 3 person pre-enrollment minimum to run (unless otherwise stated). If there are not 3 people signed up within 36 hours of the workshop, it will be cancelled. Please help us support this policy by signing up for workshops days in advance!