Pattie Wagner, E-RYT 200 and YACEP®, took yoga when she was four years old with her flower child mom. Yoga found her again when she had her second son and needed a release from a demanding career in a foreign city. Over 14 years, she has practiced a broad variety of yoga styles including Power, Bikram, Hatha, Ashtanga, Restorative, Iyengar and "crappy work yoga" and infused them all into her teaching style (minus the crappy parts, of course). She is E-RYT 200 and Reiki Level II certified and hopes to complete her RYT 500 in the near future.
- My teaching style is: Very hands on, fun, upbeat and spiritual. I love assisting my students, so be prepared for adjustments, neck rubs and guidance.
- My favorite yoga pose is: Padahastasana! I love the release that Gorilla pose provides. It’s a simple forward fold that is accessible to all levels of yogis. It also calms the mind, helps with digestion and improves circulation in your hands and wrists. It’s great for people who work on computers all day long.
- Yoga has helped me overcome: Wow, so much. I began practicing when my 2nd son was born to help with post-partum depression. From there, I fell in love! Anything is possible on a yoga mat.
- My favorite music to practice to is: I love heavier music such as Florence & the Machine and the Black Keys for a power class. I get a lot of help from my sons who help keep my music cutting edge ... I love offering a brand new sound or unknown artist to my students, especially local CLE bands such as The Modern Electric.
- I love my: Eyes and hair. My eyes are hazel and can turn to a beautiful complex green/gold. My hair? I rarely blow it dry.
- My favorite goddess is: Akhilandeshvari. She is the “The Always Broken Goddess”. Basically, she celebrates that we are always just a little broken, a little on the edge. This allows us to try something new and unfathomable in our lives and break away from our toxic routines or attachments. And she rides on a crocodile … how cool is that?! There is a great article about her on Elephant Journal by JC Peters. Check it out!
- You must try this healthy snack: Sprouted pumpkin seeds. I love their mealy texture.
- My favorite Sanskrit phrase is: "Om Namah Shivaya". Chanting this mantra is incredibly powerful … be careful what you wish for!
- My advice for beginning yogis: Focus on building the very basics of your practice. Your breath is everything and will guide you both physically and spiritually. Don’t worry about how flexible or strong you are … and don’t worry about the heat, Release has plenty of options!
- I’m most grateful for: My wonderful family who supported me when I took on the major life change of starting my own yoga studio. I may be crazy, but I’m loved!
- The most exotic place that I’ve practiced yoga is: Tahiti in my personal hut by the water. Wait, that hasn’t happened yet!
- If I could practice yoga with anyone, it would be: Adam Levine and Bradley Cooper. Brad (he lets me call him Brad) and I would practice at the back of the room and giggle at Adam showing off. But when Brad wasn't looking I would be completely gawking at Adam :-)
- I want to take my yoga to the next level by: Assisting all of the fabulous Release teachers and students in reaching their full potential.
- My heroes are: Anita Roddick (founder of The Body Shop), Maxine Clark (founder of Build a Bear) and Oprah (founder of everything). They each built profitable businesses from the core of their passions, took immense risks, and focused on giving back to their employees and communities. And they did it with kindness, compassion, fun and profitability. That’s the way business should be!
- My one wish for the world is: Be kind. Be grateful. Be forgiving.
Pattie Wagner instructs the following:
Our Warm Beginner's class offers all the same benefits of our "Beginner's Basics" with some sweet gentle heat to help you ease into your postures.
3rd Annual Release Yoga Triathlon - $35 /$15 (Boettler Park)
We're running, flowing and meditating for The Stark County Humane Society! Yes dogs will be available for adoption!
8:30 | Check In @ Twisted Olive Pub Patio
9:00 | Kids Puppy Dog Dash - Nate The Dog & Deb Saley
9:30 | 5K Run/Walk Through Southgate Park
10:45 | All Levels Flow Yoga - Pattie
11:45 | Meditation - Tiffany
Please bring your own mat ... sorry, rentals not available. All kids are welcome but please use discretion re: the race, yoga, etc ... we recommend ages 6 and up.
Seeking to enhance your life with a therapeutic yoga release? Our Restorative class with the added beauty of candlelight and just a touch of heat! Treat yourself to an all-level, gently warmed yoga class that allows you to explore a variety of yoga postures while incorporating the healing benefits of breath, restorative postures, meditation mixed with some gentle flow sequences. Our experienced instructors assess the needs of the class and adjust as needed.
Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga - $36
Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga will add a bit more challenge and adventure to your yoga practice ... photo ops, laughter and splashes included!
Class kicks off with board safety, followed by a 60 minute yoga class ... ever taken savasana on the lake gazing at the clouds? Join us at the Turkeyfoot Lake Beach in the Portage Lakes State Park. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before class.
Yoga experience is encouraged for all SUP classes.
Other Important Details:
• Classes are limited and will sell out.
• Students must register & pay at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee your spot.
• Dress in yoga clothing or a bathing suit.
• Bring a towel with you in case you fall in!
Portage Lakes State Park is located at:
5031 Manchester Road
Akron, OH 44319
Please note: A minimum of 4 participants is required to hold this class. If the 4 person minimum has not been met 24 hours in advance, the class will be cancelled. Please help us honor this policy by signing up at least 48 hours in advance.
All-levels Yoga at the Twisted Olive
Yoga with a beautiful view at one of Green's most fantastic restaurants? Yes, please! Join Release teachers at the Twisted Olive this summer to enjoy the fresh air and a little vitamin D while you practice.
These classes are appropriate for all experience levels of yogis, so bring a friend and stay afterwards to enjoy lunch or a glass of wine. The Twisted Olive warmly welcomes yoga attire (and a bit of sweat!) in their pub after class.
Yoga is under on the covered Pub Patio ... covered spots are first come first served (overflow will enjoy the grassy area). Event occurs rain or shine so please dress accordingly. Memberships and class passes apply (i.e. regular class rates and packages).
Have a sweet, sweaty, soulful summer!
The Happiness Project - Make 2017 Your Year of Happiness Series (Green Location) - $99
Power students flow through an athletic set of asanas to generate heat while exploring their personal edge. Experienced yogis build their strength, focus on healthy alignment, inner awareness and growth. Get ready to sweat out those toxins and stressors as you explore inversions and arm balances in your practice … you will leave this class empowered and alive! Class length is 1 hour and 15 minutes.