Pattie Wagner, E-RYT 200 and YACEP®, took yoga when she was four years old with her flower child mom. Yoga found her again when she had her second son and needed a release from a demanding career in a foreign city. Over 14 years, she has practiced a broad variety of yoga styles including Power, Bikram, Hatha, Ashtanga, Restorative, Iyengar and "crappy work yoga" and infused them all into her teaching style (minus the crappy parts, of course). She is E-RYT 200 and Reiki Level II certified and hopes to complete her RYT 500 in the near future.
- My teaching style is: Very hands on, fun, upbeat and spiritual. I love assisting my students, so be prepared for adjustments, neck rubs and guidance.
- My favorite yoga pose is: Padahastasana! I love the release that Gorilla pose provides. It’s a simple forward fold that is accessible to all levels of yogis. It also calms the mind, helps with digestion and improves circulation in your hands and wrists. It’s great for people who work on computers all day long.
- Yoga has helped me overcome: Wow, so much. I began practicing when my 2nd son was born to help with post-partum depression. From there, I fell in love! Anything is possible on a yoga mat.
- My favorite music to practice to is: I love heavier music such as Florence & the Machine and the Black Keys for a power class. I get a lot of help from my sons who help keep my music cutting edge ... I love offering a brand new sound or unknown artist to my students, especially local CLE bands such as The Modern Electric.
- I love my: Eyes and hair. My eyes are hazel and can turn to a beautiful complex green/gold. My hair? I rarely blow it dry.
- My favorite goddess is: Akhilandeshvari. She is the “The Always Broken Goddess”. Basically, she celebrates that we are always just a little broken, a little on the edge. This allows us to try something new and unfathomable in our lives and break away from our toxic routines or attachments. And she rides on a crocodile … how cool is that?! There is a great article about her on Elephant Journal by JC Peters. Check it out!
- You must try this healthy snack: Sprouted pumpkin seeds. I love their mealy texture.
- My favorite Sanskrit phrase is: "Om Namah Shivaya". Chanting this mantra is incredibly powerful … be careful what you wish for!
- My advice for beginning yogis: Focus on building the very basics of your practice. Your breath is everything and will guide you both physically and spiritually. Don’t worry about how flexible or strong you are … and don’t worry about the heat, Release has plenty of options!
- I’m most grateful for: My wonderful family who supported me when I took on the major life change of starting my own yoga studio. I may be crazy, but I’m loved!
- The most exotic place that I’ve practiced yoga is: Tahiti in my personal hut by the water. Wait, that hasn’t happened yet!
- If I could practice yoga with anyone, it would be: Adam Levine and Bradley Cooper. Brad (he lets me call him Brad) and I would practice at the back of the room and giggle at Adam showing off. But when Brad wasn't looking I would be completely gawking at Adam :-)
- I want to take my yoga to the next level by: Assisting all of the fabulous Release teachers and students in reaching their full potential.
- My heroes are: Anita Roddick (founder of The Body Shop), Maxine Clark (founder of Build a Bear) and Oprah (founder of everything). They each built profitable businesses from the core of their passions, took immense risks, and focused on giving back to their employees and communities. And they did it with kindness, compassion, fun and profitability. That’s the way business should be!
- My one wish for the world is: Be kind. Be grateful. Be forgiving.
Pattie Wagner instructs the following:
Power students flow through an athletic set of asanas to generate heat while exploring their personal edge. Experienced yogis build their strength, focus on healthy alignment, inner awareness and growth. Get ready to sweat out those toxins and stressors as you explore inversions and arm balances in your practice … you will leave this class empowered and alive! Class length is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Our Warm Beginner's class offers all the same benefits of our "Beginner's Basics" with some sweet gentle heat to help you ease into your postures.
Seeking to enhance your life with a therapeutic yoga release? Our Restorative class with the added beauty of candlelight and just a touch of heat! Treat yourself to an all-level, gently warmed yoga class that allows you to explore a variety of yoga postures while incorporating the healing benefits of breath, restorative postures, meditation mixed with some gentle flow sequences. Our experienced instructors assess the needs of the class and adjust as needed.
Emphasis on Pranayama, Intention-setting, oms and extended savasana
FREE! - All Levels Yoga For Local Businesses! - INFOCISION
Let Release help put the fun back into your workplace! Once per month we will hold a **FREE** class for a local small business and/or workplace team. Employees of the chosen small business, please pre-enroll with your colleagues. Spouses, partners, friends and children over age 8 of the employees are welcome to join as well.
New to Release? Please arrive at least 15 minutes early.
Want to hold a class for your workplace?
e-Mail us at email@example.com
and we will assign you a month. We ask that there be a minimum of 10 pre-enrollments 48 hours before the class. Otherwise, the private class will be cancelled and re-opened to the public.
We are honored to be a part of the local community and to support local workplaces. In turn, please honor this class by enrolling only if you are a team member (or invitee) of the small business. Thank you!
40 Days to Personal Revolution (9 CEUs) - $129 or $69
Let the Revolution Begin.
40 Days to Personal Revolution is a program developed by Baron Baptiste, one of the world's most beloved master yoga teachers. This program provides the tools you need to set yourself free to live the healthful life you've always imagined.
Pattie Wagner will be your guide on this transformational
journey where you will create a new way of being and living. The program includes:
• Weekly meetings as we journey through 40 days
• A self-led home yoga practice for you to do every morning
• Principles to cleanse your diet along with eating plan
• Instructions to begin and deepen a meditation practice
• Soul-searching to root out limiting beliefs and patterns
• A community of like-minded people to support you
2 Pricing Options:
- $69 program only
- $129 includes program + unlimited yoga, barre and aerial from 10/5/17 - 11/14/17
Please note, all participants will need to purchase the “40 Days to Personal Revolution” book which is available at the boutique for $20. You will also need a journal for your journey!
Please note, this workshop requires a 10 person pre-enrollment minimum to run (unless otherwise stated). If there are not 10 people signed up within 36 hours of the workshop, it will be cancelled. Please help us support this policy by signing up for workshops days in advance!
Goat Yoga @ The Twisted Olive! - $29
Join baby girl goats Nala and Jasmine as they climb, stretch, sniff, lick and kiss you during your lighted hearted practice chock full'o goat goodness!
This All Levels event will sell out fast! Goat yoga is a fun, playful trend and we just couldn't resist bringing it to you!
Yogis ages 8 and up are welcome. Please bring a mat that you don't mind getting nibbled or chewed. Goats are natural climbers so please have a jacket handy.
Event includes a 15% lunch coupon from our friends at the Twisted Olive and goat soap made from Nala and Jasmine's mommy, Rebecca of The Busy Squirrel Farm, will be for sale after class.
Please arrive on time to enjoy the goat pre-show. Class led by Release owner and E-RYT 200, Pattie Wagner. See you there!
Please note, this workshop requires a 15 person pre-enrollment minimum to run (unless otherwise stated). If there are not 3 people signed up within 36 hours of the workshop, it will be cancelled. Please help us support this policy by signing up for workshops days in advance!