Tonya Harriman-Fowler has been a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) and a esthetician for the past 16 years. She feels that taking care of the body as a whole is the best approach. Yoga feeds her body and mind and she opes to make it a bigger part of her life.
- I Got Into Massage Because: I enjoyed receiving massages myself and was very aware of the therapeutic benefits. Massage is a great stress reducer as well as an all over better health influence. I wanted to share this experience with others while educating clients as to the benefits of massage. Touch is key. Every person should incorporate massage into their lives. It is a necessity, not a luxury.
- Yoga and Massage Has: Helped me live in the now, reduce stress and discomfort, increase flexibility and be more aware how important my health is.
- My Favorite Music is: THE 80’S!!!
- I Love My: Hands because of the relief, pleasure, and comfort they can provide to others. I also love my 3 4-legged children; Boozoo, Bear, and Binky.
- My Advice for a Beginning Yogi or Massage Client is:Just do it! Quit talking about trying it and just walk in or call to schedule. I drove past the Release studio for almost a year telling myself I would stop in one of these days…so glad I did! Wished I hadn’t waited so long. Release is a great place to be a part of and great people work here!
- I Am Most Grateful For: My SUPER supportive husband David.
- My Healthy Snack: KIND bars for something sweet. I have one in my purse and tote bag at all times.
- My Heros Are: My clients!
- My Wish For the World: More respect and education for animal advocacy.